Cantaloupe Cocktail


A full day of unlimited melon intake (served alone in its natural state) is the best way to lead into and also exit from a water fast. Upon completion my last water fast, I found myself eating melon for a longer period than the single following day (mainly due to the fact that Summer has just ended and I happened to have an abundance of varying types waiting to be cleared out to make way for Autumn harvest). As such, I grew a bit tired of melons in plain form and opted to toss a few extra ingredients into the bowl with the remainder of my cantaloupe. 

The end result was something I feel is perfect for any time, as it is incredibly delicious and simple. 


I used:

  • ½  Medium sized cantaloupe, cubed
  • Juice from 4 limes
  • 5-6 leaves fresh mint, cut chiffonade 
  • 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well, and enjoy!